Seeking Art Work Submissions by Local Girls for 2018-19 Notes of Hope Cards!
Daughters of Worth is a 501c(3) non-profit organization that exists to educate, equip, and empower girls of all ages to become strong women of influence in their communities. We live out our mission through GLAM (Girls Living a Mission) mentorship program, Notes of Hope, and soon launching – Grace Gifts!
Each year, we partner with local schools to pour hope and encouragement into the lives of girls through handwritten cards of encouragement, Notes of Hope. This program began in 2016 by serving 12 girls in one school in Pitt County. Today, we are now serving 187 girls in 12 schools and 2 counties through our Notes of Hope initiative! In the past two months, we have successfully partnered with 5 new schools and 3 new counties for the implementation of Notes of Hope in the 2018-19 school year!
As we seek to offer hope and encouragement to as many girls as possible, we are reaching out to local girls (ages Kindergarten – 12th grade) who are willing to submit their inspirational art work for the potential opportunity of being selected as the Design Artist for a Note of Hope! We believe that it is important to utilize the skills, talents, creativity, and gifts of the girls who are in our communities, and we simply want to foster this artistic ability by providing opportunities such as this!
What we are seeking:
- Girls (K-12th grade) who have created beautiful pieces of artwork that will generate joy, positivity, and inspiration into the lives of others!
- Original artwork. Pieces that are selected by Daughters of Worth to be utilized for Notes of Hope and/or other items for Daughters of Worth must receive acknowledgment from parent/guardian that the artwork was completed by the child and is an original piece.
- Drawings must be completed on regular, non-lined paper (example: standard drawing or copy paper.)
- All submissions must be received by 5:00pm on June 15, 2018. Submissions may be sent to Daughtersofworth@gmail.com. This should include the child’s full name, age and grade level.
- A creative team of Daughters of Worth will review the artwork and make final decisions no later than June 30, 2018. 12 pieces of inspirational art work will be selected for our 2018-19 Notes of Hope Cards. There may be opportunities for additional creative, inspirational art work for Daughters of Worth. If art work is selected for additional projects, the parents and student will be notified for authorization.
- Artists selected for this project will receive: A letter of appreciation and small gift from Daughters of Worth, Publicity on social media and invitation to special events, credit for their work on their Note of Hope, and the opportunity to serve with Daughters of Worth in additional artistic opportunities.
- Participants do NOT have to be involved with Daughters of Worth to submit their artwork. This opportunity is open to All girls!
For more information, please contact Daughters of Worth at Daughtersofworth@gmail.com.